Saturday, May 10, 2014

Re-arranging of my bedroom



Re -arranging a space can be more difficult than arranging a new one. The reason is because you already have your furniture and you may not want to throw them away. With my fiance moving in I decided that it was time to do some changes that i should have done a long time ago. To give you an idea here is a rough plan of my bedroom at my parent's house before the changes.


Displaying bedroom first phase.png


Although it is not visible from the plan, on the right side there are wooden doors. The first three and the last two are wardrobes whereas the 2 in the middle lead to my bathroom. Apart from the bed and the chest of drawers I had additionally a dressing table with a mirror and an office desk.

The first thing to do when you decide to re-arrange your space is to think what is the problem with it. Is it the decoration? The space or the lack of it? The furniture? Is there something that you no longer need?

My problem was that i did not have enough space to move, nor a place to put the TV  on.

The first thing I did was to get rid of the office desk on the left of the bed which had no practical use. Secondly I moved the chest from the right side to the desk's place. Because the chest is much narrower than the desk I was able to move the bed as well and thus I created more space between the bathroom doors and the bed. This was very helpful as i had more room to move when I got out and go from one wardrobe to the other.

Finally i got rid of the bookcase opposite the bed which served as a shoe-case instead and replaced it with a sideboard with drawers and doors for my fiance's clothes and put the TV on.



Displaying bedroom second phase.png

The finishing touch was a carpet to give color and warmth to the room.

So, before making changes always consider the things I told you and most of all:

HOW CAN I MAKE THE ROOM WORK FOR ME?

ps: 3D plans were made by my fiance George.


No comments:

Post a Comment