Saturday, May 17, 2014

Organization of my wardrobe - Part 1

You never really know how many things you have until you actually sit down and try to clean up and tidy your space. So with George moving in and bringing his clothes I tried to make some space for him. I got rid of many clothes I wasn't wearing anymore and threw out many things but still somehow my wardrobes looked over-packed.

I recently came across an article that suggested among other things to use thinner hangers. I found it really interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. In my room there are two wardrobes one meter width each and
1.60 m height of clear space. Additionally I have a 50 cm wardrobe with shelves. Since I am not good at folding clothes most of my and George's need to be hanged.

I therefore went to the supermarket closest to me (Alphamega) and shopped for hangers that were very thin and were invested with fabric to keep clothes from slipping. I bought 16 hangers which cost me 12 euro.

Below is a picture comparing the new hanger's width to the ones that I have been using so far.




The pink one is the new and the velvet-like fabric is very good to keep the clothes from slipping. The black and the wooden ones are what my mom has been using all these years and as a result so did I.

Out of the 34 hangers in my closet I changed the 16. The rest will be soon replaced now that I saw the results :)

So this is the closet before I made any changes.



On top you can see my bags (stacked in the best way possible) and on the right side my new dress wrapped in its white bag. At this point I could not add any more clothes because there was no extra space left.

After 10 minutes or so, this is how it looks now:





This is where I got really excited! There is more space than before and I haven't even changed all the hangers!

Now we can finally have more space for both our clothes and is a great tip since we will soon move out of my parent's house to our own and probably wont have enough space for all our things. But with these hangers I feel more confident that it wont be a problem!

If you are looking for something similar to the hangers I bought here is a link to amazon for similar to the ones I used in this article.
Hangers









No comments:

Post a Comment