Monday, March 23, 2015

Avocado spread with baked carrots

During the fasting season there are a lot of options to eat. Some are faster to make and some are not. So when I don't have much time to eat I have to improvise. Hence the other day when I went home I checked my pantry and saw that I had avocado, carrots and luckily bread.

So with:

1 Avocado
1 Carrot
Olive oil to drizzle
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice

I made lunch!

How to:

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Peel and cut the carrot. Place it on baking paper. Drizzle some oil and add salt and pepper to taste.




2. Wrap the carrots with the baking sheet in some aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes. They will be baked but will still be crunchy.


3. In the meantime peel the avocado, put it in a plate and using a fork mash it. Add some lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir it to blend the flavors in. 




4. Once the carrots are done remove them from the oven.


5. Serve! Take a slice of bread, spread the avocado and some slices of carrot.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment