Friday, April 3, 2015

What you should have in your freezer at all times!

Having certain foods or items in your freezer can be a big help especially if you do not have much time to cook. The good thing about having frozen food is that they last for a long time, they can be cooked much faster and usually they need very little preparation. Here is a list of items that I always have in my freezer:

1. Ice cubes.


I know it's not edible but here in Cyprus we use ice cubes almost all year round so they are a must have item!


2. Vegetables.

Image result for frozen vegetables

I prefer to have sweet corn and mixed vegetables separately since I like the first more! I also prefer tesco's mixed vegetables that can be cooked in the microwave in 2.5 minutes.

3. Meat and chicken.

Image result for frozen chicken

Since we both really love meat I always have chicken breasts and pork chops. If you are cooking them for dinner just take them out in the morning and by dinner time it will be ready to be cooked.

4. Potato wedges.

Image result for frozen wedges

What can I say? I love them! And I can cook them within 20 minutes just by putting them in the oven!

5. Onions.

Image result for frozen onions

Life savers! I buy onion cut in small pieces and just use it directly in my recipes. No more tears!

6. Mushrooms.

Image result for frozen mushrooms

Cut, washed and ready to be cooked!

7. Homemade food.

Image result for frozen pastitsio











Whether a traditional food that only moms can cook or just a food that I really love but it's difficult to make, there will always be something in my freezer ready to be put in the oven and cooked.

So remember to have:

Essentials for cooking
Favorite foods
Homemade meals

Be prepared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment