Friday, January 30, 2015

DIY - How to make a flower pot from pallets!

Since we live in a flat we have no garden of our own. Not that I am a flower person but I really like having fresh herbs to use in my cooking.

So my dear fiance decided to make me one from pallets. Luckily he took pictures of the process for those of you who want to make one as well!

Take your pallet and if it has more than 3 vertical woods remove them so it looks like in the pic:


Remove the nails from the bottom part:


Using the extra wood parts you will turn them into the bottoms of each shelf. Measure the width, cut it accordingly and nail them to stay in place:








Now to make the base. Take 3 pieces of wood equal length to nail them....





But before you nail them take spray cans and paint it as you like:





And now nail them:


The final and most important step is to make sure that it is waterproof so when you water the plants the water isn't absorbed by the wood. So take some canvas and nail it. Cut the extra:








So far I have parsley, mint, thyme and oregano:




Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment